Saturday, December 11, 2010

Long Distance

Can Long Distance work?  Do I want to get into a Long Distance relationship?

Last night I had a little reminder of what LDR's are like.  I might have even gotten a taste of how Joey felt when I went to ECU and went out and partied.  It's not so much that I'm mad or that my feelings were incredibly hurt by last night (only slightly maimed), but I was so lonely without him there to talk to.

I didn't have a problem with him going out.  I was actually pretty jealous.  But there was a little voice in the back of my head: "Blair, when you met him, he didn't act like he was in a relationship and he was.  He flirted shamelessly with you and pursued you.  Would he do the same to me?  Be in a relationship with me but flirting shamelessly with other girls?  Pursuing them?"  For some reason, I really trust this guy.  And I know he wouldn't cheat.  But if he has a pattern of behavior like that...  I just don't know if I'm okay with this developing.

He did have the manners to text me and let me know he was going out, and asked if we could text.  I said sure.  Well, I believe he got caught up in the party because I didn't get a text back from him until 2:35am "I'm sorry... I kinda fucked that up."  Like what am I suppossed to say to that?

I had an absolutely awful day at work yesterday.  And I wanted to tell him about it.  But he went out.  So I was left with Mom to call.  It made me sad that he wasn't there to talk to about my day.


Yes, I'm kinda mad that I had an awful day and he wasn't there to talk to about it. Yes, I'm kinda mad that he didn't even drunk text me. Yes, I'm kinda worried that he did what I'm scared he'd do: flirt shamelessly with other girls. Yes, I've kind of pulled away from him in a natural defensive reaction to these fears.


One of the things I listed as a desire for the next boyfriend was that he was close distance.  So that I could see him regularly.  Be with him regularly.  And here I am getting involved with someone who is no less than 5.5 hours away from me.

Can this LDR work?  Do I want a LDR?

2 comments:

  1. Long distance relationships are hard Blair! Francis and I had a long distance relationship for 3 years! But, if a guy who lives closer to you is a desire than I would go with your heart on that. But if you really truly like this guy than go for it! It is only 5.5 hours compared to my 12 hours. I hope you day goes better today! I am praying for you and I hope to keep in touch with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks chica! The guy I'm truly interested in lives 5.5 hours away. So we'll see what happens!!

    ReplyDelete