Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Gift of Giving

You know, sometimes guys really miss things.  Like, really miss things.

I love to give gifts to people I care about.  I love to spoil them, to let them know that I love them, to do nice things for them.  I love the reaction when they get the gift.  I thrive on the reaction.  Which is probably why I love Christmas so much.

I purchased Boy B a new hat that he's been wanting since we met and had it sent to his apartment.  I knew it would arrive today, and watched the package tracking closely to know if/when it was delivered.  Before I went to work, I knew it had been delivered and that Boy B's roommate had signed for it.  I was so excited to get home from work and skype with him to see his excitement when he opened it.

1.  We didn't video chat at all -- so I didn't even see the hat
2.  He opened it this afternoon on his break and didn't even send me an excited text message
3.  When we did skype, he said he was heading out to the bar and I told him to check the mail that a package was delivered and his response was "Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that!  Thank you sooo much"
4.  5 minutes later he left for the bar

Like what the fuck people???  REALLY?????????????????

It totally put a rain cloud over my whole day.  Such a damper.  I thought I was doing something so sweet and nice and surprising and I just felt like it was an unimportant detail in his day. 

Not to mention I had so much that I wanted to talk to him about and tell him about and I didnt even get the opportunity.

::sigh::

No comments:

Post a Comment