Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Roadblocks

Ugh.  So after facing this junction, I came up with a game plan last night:  I'm going to study for and take the GRE and apply for Physical Therapy school.  And if I don't get in, then I can do PTA as my back up until I can get it.

So before I went to bed, I decided to do some quick looking around at the PT schools that I'm interested in.  Of course, it shouldn't be of any surprise, but I have missed every single one of the application deadlines except one.  And the one I haven't missed?  Is ECU's, which is December 15th.  So I would have basically two weeks to take the GRE, pass the GRE, submit completed applications, turn in at least three letters of receommendation for each school, AND complete at least 100 shadowing hours.  So yeah.  It's not going to happen.

So I'm stuck here, where I am, my life on hold.  Twiddling my thumbs.  All my prayers and hopes hanging on the PTA program at Craven -- and if it isn't accredited?  I have no idea what I will do.

I just feel so stagnant here.  I feel like I'm making no progress toward my career, that I'm wasting my time and my money.  I'm just unhappy.  I have no excitement left in my life -- I used to be so energetic and happy, and now, I feel like if you looked in my eyes, they would be lifeless and soul-less.  I don't want to be like that!!  But I'm stuck here. 

I don't know.  I am just so lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment