Wednesday, November 17, 2010

First Date

It's been a long time since I had one of these -- a first date.

And I had a lovely time!  I was kind of surprised he was still interested in going out last night since I'm still stuck with this persistent cold.  But I think he was pretty excited to have a date. ;)

He drove back to NC (where he's stationed) from CT (home) yesterday, and then came to New Bern for dinner!  It was a busy day for me -- the cold was really getting to me and I didn't sleep well the night before (my sinuses kept waking me up!!), I had class at the Y in the morning, bus training a few hours later, then class at the Y an hour after that.  Then after class, I gave myself one hour to come home, shower, dress, and get ready for the first date.  It was a whirlwind hour!  But amazingly I was ready pretty much on time, and looked really cute (dress denim slacks, dark purple tank top with sparkles, and white crocheted cape jacket paired with my green sanuks).  He came and picked me up (which was a little outside of my comfort zone -- I usually meet the guy at the destination on the first date) and we went to dinner.  We ate at a very nice resturant: Morgans Tavern and Bar located in the heart of downtown New Bern.  It was such a cute and nice resturant.  We ordered crab dip as an appetizer, he got a ribeye, and I got crabcakes (amazzzzzzzzzzzzing).  It was not a cheap place -- I kind of felt bad that it was so expensive.  He never made a single comment about the price, and we had excellent conversation with some good laughs. 

Then afterwards, we walked around downtown New Bern for a bit (by this time it was probably 930pm or so) and did some talking.  I had some pertty serious questions/concerns that I raised, and he answered them very honestly and said that none of the things were of concern to him.  I brought up the fact that it was a 2hr long distance relationship, and that probably due to my job situation, I wouldn't be able to evenly visit him like he would me -- so most of the driving would probably fall on his shoulders.  I also brought up the fact that I'm in no rush to get into a relationship, and I don't want the pressure of that right now.  Again -- he said none of this was a problem and wouldn't be a deterance to him.

Afterwards, I did something I don't do on the first date: I invited him to my apartment to watch a DVD.  So we rented IronMan2 and watched it.  He was cute in his nervousness and innocence.  I made the only "move" that night in that I stretched out on the couch and put my legs in his lap.  He rubbed them some (which felt so nice, btw), but it didn't go any further than that.  No hand holding!  No kissing!  I was so surprised!!

He stayed in New Bern last night (he didn't want to drive back so late), and stayed in a hotel room.  Again, I kind of felt bad that he had to spend the money, but at the same time: it was his choice to do so.

And today we hung out and got lunch.  We did another movie, and got steak and cheese sandwiches and brought them back to eat.  I wasn't feeling too well today and thus my creativity was zapped.  But we did some cuddling on the couch of the more traditional sense: me leaning against him.  After the movie was 1 hours in, he finally started rubbing my knee (again; gosh I forgot how much I love that!).  Then once the movie was 1.5 hours in, I strategically placed my hand close but just out of reach of my knee and his hand.  And we held hands.  :)  It was so cute and sweet and innocent.  I knew he wanted to kiss me, but he didn't!  It was honestly nice.  To have a guy who wasn't going to rush anything. 

A part of me wishes he had kissed me, but at the same time, I'm kind of glad he didn't.  :)  Leaves something to look forward to -- when I'm not sick! Haha.





I like him.  He's cute, sweet, kind of awkward, fun.  But we'll see.  There is this other guy I've been talking to who I click with more and with whom there's some serious connection.  But he's got issues, has no direction in his life, he drinks too much, and he's one of my friends' friends (meaning he's kind of taboo and off limits).  So I just don't know. 

I'm just going to go with the flow and see what happens.  :)  I like Josh... He's a sweet guy with a good heart.  And they say nerds are better boyfriends and lovers -- they're more in tune with your needs and wishes, work harder to please, and stick to the gentleman way more than a "hot" guy would.  So time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment