Sunday, October 17, 2010

What the Hell was That?

Yesterday was point blank out of control.  Seriously.  ECU played in-state rival NC State at ECU (my alma mater) yesterday, and I was lucky enough to score a ticket!  So I drove up to ECU yesterday morning for a full day of Greenville. 

I hadn't really been to Greenville since I moved out in May, and it felt odd to be back as an alumni.  It had been so long that I had forgotten what Pirate Nation was like on gameday -- and Lord let me tell you it was awesome to be back!

I went to Heather's first to stop in at the fraternity tailgate.  I got there at 10am, and let's just say that it was pretty dead.  There were maybe 10 people there -- none of whom I was really friends with -- and it was a good .75 mile from the stadium.  So after a bit Stacey and I began migrating.  We stopped at the bottom of college hill to say hey to Megan, then walked up the Hill and I stopped and said hey to John, his brother, and one of my old bosses.  Then it was off to the game!

The game was NUTS!  ECU hasn't been very good this season, and NC State has been very good this season.  So I was prepared for a total shellacking!  But we led State 21-0 through three quarters -- it took them til the 4th quarter to catch up with us, and long story short -- the game went into overtime, and we won by intercepting the ball!!  I couldn't believe how well we played!!!!!  And it was awesome to be a part of the 50,000+ Pirate Nation in the stands that day.  Definitely the right game for me to go to!

After the game I went with Kelley and her Parents to UBE, then met up with some fraternity brothers for dinner at my favorite mexican resturant Mi Cabana. 

I attempted to hang out with John after dinner, but he was a total flake.  I went to his apartment and waited for him to show up, and when he did, he was like "Oh, I'm going to the House to drink."  Gee thanks John.  So I felt like a total loser for calling Stacey and Heather up and asking if I could get ready at their place.

But then it was off to a "Highlighter Blacklight Party" with the fraternity.  Lord, let me tell you -- that is not my crowd anymore.  I was not entertained in the slightest.  Thankfully JC had similar opinions, so he and I just kind of hung out on the bar stools while the fraternity ran around getting as drunk as they could as fast as they could.  I don't know... It all just felt so juvenille and stupid.  I'm not trying to be all "Holy-er than thou" or whatever, but seriously.  I just felt so old and mature at this party. 

Now I have to back track a little for this next piece of the story.  Back when I lived in Greenville, we had some neighbors who we partied with and had a good time with (and slept with on occasion lol).  Well one of the neighbors was Josh -- a super nice guy (who I never slept with btw).  A couple days ago he randomly messaged me through facebook to come hang out at dinner.  I had to work that night, but told him that I'd be in town Saturday for the game and I'd get up with him then.  Well before dinner on Saturday, I messaged him back (thank God for my blackberry!) and asked him what was going on that night and all that.  He said to come hang out at the pig pickin they had, but I declined in favor of Mi Cabana (hey -- it's my favorite resturant in all of Greenville! Don't judge me :-p), but said that if they were heading down town later that night, to let me know where they ended up and I might come hang.  One more detail: there was a lot of "sweetie"s and "baby doll"s in the texts he sent me.

SO now that you're all caught up... LoL.  So at the Highlighter Party, he texts me and is like "We're at Live.  Come kick it"  So I tell him I'm planning on heading over there at 11pm.  I end up getting there are 11:30, and let me tell you -- Live is a pretty cool place.  So I walk up to the bar and say hey and get a beer, and turn around, and Meghan's there (one of their friends who we'd hang and party with back in Greenville)!  It was so good to see her!  But like 20 minutes after I get there, the rest of his gang is ready to go.  So I teasingly say "What?  I paid $6 for 20 minutes?"  Long story short -- he ended up staying!  We had a couple more beers, got caught up with eachother, had some pretty in depth conversations... It was really nice to hang out with a guy who isn't a total tool bag! 

But I swear, I couldn't figure out if he was flirting with/gunning me or not!!  There was some light touches to the waist and shoulder, there was all the "sweetie"s in the texts.  He stayed after his friends left (and all his friends gave him the 'Yeah man, get it!!' look).  He wanted to go see the stadium and run the field and lay down and look at the stars (it was locked up so we just looked through the gates).  And he offered for me to spend the night at his friends place since it was so late (he said he'd sleep on the floor??).  When he offered that, I teasingly said "AKA you mean 'Blair, do you want to come sleep with me?'"  and he just kinda laughed as if he'd been caught.  WHAT DOES THAT MEAN????  Was he just being a nice guy since it was so late or was he flirting with/gunning me?  Ugh.

I like Josh.  He's a super nice guy.  I just have no idea... I think I'm over thinking and over hoping.  It was just friends.  Otherwise he'd have kissed me or something.  As the movie says -- "He's just not that into you."  Yeah.  It was just friends.  :)  And let me tell you -- I am okay with that!!  He's a friend I'd like to have for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment