Sunday, October 17, 2010

Quotes from "The Alchemist"

I'm now reading The Alchemist in my spare time.  My Sunday school class is doing a group read of The Wild Goose Chase.  And it's funny how they are so similar -- talking about wild adventures and never knowing where you'll be!  Here are some quotes in my reading tonight...

"You dream about your sheep and the Pyramids, but you're different from me, because you want to realie your dreams.  I just want to dream about Mecca."

"But the sheep had taught him something even more important: that there was a language in the owrld that everyone understood, a language the boy had used throughout the time that he was trying to improve things at the shop.  It was the language of enthusiasm, of things accomplished with love and purpose, and as part of a search for something believed in and desired."

"I know why I want to get back to my flock, he thought.  I understand sheep; they're no longer a problem, and they can be good friends.  On the other hand, I don't know if the desert can be a friend, and it's in the desert that I have to search for my treasure.  If I don't find it, I can always go home."

"Making a deicsion was only the beginning of things.  When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that willl carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision."

No comments:

Post a Comment