Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Financial Health

Attaining financial health feels so unattainable for me.  I'm so far behind.  In debt ($3K).  In spending (its gone before I make it).  I am in over my head. 

They say to start small -- make minimum payments on credit cards, make budgets (and stick to them), etc.  And I'm trying to start small.  I have a plan for November -- a budget written out that after close inspection, I can't deviate from.  It's going to be cutting it close as it is.  Really close.

And to top it all off, I'm pretty sure I just overdrafted my bank account today by making a large ($300 large) credit card payment -- I didn't realize there were a couple of things still floating that hadn't been taken into account in my checking.

I really just need to get rid of the debit cards.  They're convenient.  But they're more trouble.  It may be time to revert back to the old checks.  And I need to stop using the credit card!  If I don't have the money, I shouldn't be buying it.

So it's up early tomorrow to withdraw money from one bank to put into another bank to prevent (hopefully) overdraft fees.  ::sigh::

And so slips away more of my meager savings.

Yes, time to remove the debit cards from use.

No comments:

Post a Comment