Tuesday, October 12, 2010

First Day of Class

So first day of PM Boot Camp was good... I felt like I was kind of thrown into the fire without any preparation.  I showed up, and it turns out that Rhonda (my co-teacher) had everything planned out already and didn't really need me.  And if she did need me, she kind of just swept me under the rug.  A part of me thinks it's a bit of a relief to not have the entire program on my shoulders.  But a part of me is annoyed that she didn't communicate with me what was going on.  I like to be overly prepared, and I wasn't even given the handout to review so that I could intelligently speak on it.  I also felt slighted that she put her business card in with the packet but didn't give me an opportunity to share my contact information.  She also collected all of the contact info for the participants and kept it for herself.  I understand that it's her show, but I'd like to be kept in the loop, thank you.

The class itself will be a small class -- only 7 participants.  I like this number as it's big enough to not feel too awkward, but small enough to be able to attend to everyone's needs.

There's a wide range of particpants -- some have completed a boot camp before, others are extremely overweight and are obviously not active at all.  So I'm excited to work with them.  I'll be leading Tuesdays where we will be focusing on cardiovascular/aerobic exercise.  There will be a lot of drills, sprints, running, push ups, mountain climbers, and several spinning classes.  I'm excited.  I'm also nervous as Rhonda is very fit.  I'm talking Jillian Michaels fit.  And I'm just average Jane.  But I am excited to get to know the participants, and to push them to meet some goals!!




I came home tonight from the first Boot Camp and felt inspired.  I cooked myself an extremely healthy meal and enjoyed it to the T!  I also felt inspired to work on weight loss.  I have ten very stubborn pounds that I can't seem to get rid of.  So it's going to be back to the food diary and calorie counting (http://www.livestrong.com/ has a fantastic tool that lets you track what you eat and how many calories you consume! and it's free!!!  so that will be my best friend for a while).  I'm also going to be very bad and look into some diet pills.  The girls at work swear by this one which isn't expensive at all, so I'll probably give the lady a call tomorrow.  I really want to lose these last 10 pounds for good.  And I want to do them right, not through a post-break-up-famine route like I did last summer.  That didn't stay off.



I've got a very busy day tomorrow.  I'm going to wake up early, finish Unit 2 for my online (bullshit) class.  Go to Craven Community College for a lecture at 11am about smart financial decisions.  Then off to the Y for some bus route training at 1:50pm (I'm a back up bus driver for them as well).  Work at Cato afterwards til close.  Then home for dinner and bed.  Oh, and sometime in all this I need to straighten the apartment and put away all the clothes Dad sent me!! 

This week is going to fly by.  It already is.

My feet are killing me.  But I'm effectively becoming very busy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment