Saturday, October 9, 2010

Relationships are like the Parts of a Tree

I don't know how you feel about Tyler Perry.  But I love him.  I love his movies.  Because they cross lines.  They cross racial lines to bring issues in today's society to the forefront: abuse, cheating, drugs, prostitution, and the issues of marriage.  They are movies that anyone of an adult age can appreciate and relate to.  There is so much wisdom and real life application in these movies.  They make me cry.  They make me laugh.  They give me advice.  They encourage me to keep my chin up.

One of my all time favorite clips comes from the Tyler Perry play of Tyler Perry Goes to Jail.  This was recently made into a movie, but the movie was very different from the play.  I want to share this clip with you.  I watch it sporadically (including last night) and it brought to me such peace and justification for my past.  Please watch it, and be amazed and how Tyler seems to speak directly to your soul and your past.  And be encouraged that life exists, happiness exists, outside of the pain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF_10F7eYRE

(Enabling was disabled, so I couldn't put the actual video in the blog, but please take the time to watch it.  I promise it's worth your time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment