Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Christmas Spirit

I am soooo excited about Christmas!  I am always excited for Christmas.  And this year, I have been smart about Christmas shopping -- I've spread the shopping out throughout the entire year!  I started December 26th of last year, and have been finding things throughout the year.  Today was my day off from work, and I decided that after teaching my class at the Y, I'd go do some Christams shopping!  It's such a nice day: chilly, sunny, and I had such a great morning! 

And I found a great deal at Bath and Body Works!!  They were having a 2-for-1 deal on their big candles, and my Aunts love candles.  So off I went!!  So I got four candles (one for Genny, one for Pam, one for Mom, one for Nanny), and a bunch of little things -- I got some nail files, $1 bottles of lotions, and hand sanitizer to use for litttle gifts for the co-workers and the Dare County Center girls.  I also got four $5 mini candles to give to the girls at Cato.  So I'm well on my way to being ready for Christmas!!  But I have a lot more to get ready.  I have four checkbook covers to make, more dishcloths to crochet (oh the dilemma-- to make some for everyone or just for Aunt Genny??), more stocking stuffers to buy for the girls at Cato, and things to buy for friends (particularly Kelley -- I haven't found anything for her yet!) and family (Nanny and Papa's box is so empty, I have a few items left to find for Dad, and food to cook).

Good thing I have two more months before Christmas!!


To Do:

Dad: How to score baseball book, baseball score sheet book, gloves to wear to baseball games, make gag gift (stained apron), buy a word-a-day calendar
Aunt Genny: make checkbook cover, crochet dishcloths, gift certificate to local quilting shop(?)
Aunt Pam: make checkbook cover, crochet dishcloths (?), make wine bottle carrier (?)
Uncle Scott: GC for professional business cards (?)
Papa: make baked goods
Nanny: make checkbook cover, get grad photo framed

No comments:

Post a Comment