Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Wisdom I Read

You've got to go beyond the fact that you like his ass in those jeans.  To get this right.  Stop and think and lift up the big rock of your past and look at all the creepy shit underneath.

Sometimes you've got to make a mess before you can clean up.

And real love -- it's less shiny than solid and simple.  It's the stuff of sunflower spirals and seashells, where there is beauty and mystery, but where there is logic, too.  You do not need protection from it.  It is not about lies that someone else tells you or that you tell yourself, but about the truth.  Real love is clear.  It's as uncomplicated as that shell.  It's as timeless.

"The Secret Lif of Prince Charming" by Deb Caletti

There was so much more wisdom in this book than this, but this is what I read tonight.  The book itself was not my favorite.  I thought the plot was thin.  But the wisdom hidden in this tween novel... Unbelievable.  Perhaps it was Caletti's attempt at warning and educating and guiding young girls about love and matters of the heart.  If so, I hope the young readers take the advice to heart.  Because it's good advice.  Advice I'm giving myself these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment