Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What Now? Continued

A few posts ago, I lamented about not knowing how to continue growing as a woman, as a person.  I didn't know where to direct my energies next.  What goals to set for myself.  What to strive for and achieve.

I don't have much as a list goes, but I'm trying to steer away from long lists -- they're intimidating and unrealistic.  It becomes more of a race to get as much done in as short amount of time as possible than it is about truly becoming

Since I've moved to New Bern, I've found great enjoyment in running through downtown New Bern.  I started small -- with a goal of one mile.  Then it became two.  Now I'm working on three.  And one goal I've always wanted to accomplish is running a 5K.  So I will now be running a 5K at the beginning of October here in New Bern.

And after that?  I'm going to ramp it up and run a 5 mile race in Greenville that is a fundraiser for families of fallen heroes.  That one will be tough as there are a lot of hills, but I am going to challenge myself and do it.  This is my "What Now?" for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment