Thursday, September 2, 2010

Simple Things in Life

So when I began all this, I wanted to get back to Me.  To be a better me.  To know myself better.  To do things that make me happy.  And I've done a lot of that!  Here are some more things I've done recently (within the past two days) that make me happy.

Monday I went on a walk on the beach with Katherine and her dogs.  During this walk, I found a conch shell just sitting on the beach.  And by the way, I love conch shells.  So I picked it up and took it home.  But I had no idea where I wanted to put it...  Well I found a unique and uncommon home for this shell -- in my bath tub!  And let me tell you, it's such a nice thing to see when I open my shower curtain to take a shower.  It brings a little peace to my shower...


I found yet another recipe online that I was dying to try.  But needed an occasion to make it for.  Well, once again, God provided me with a perfect opportunity!  One of the people in my Sunday School class is celebrating their birthday tonight, so I decided to put this recipe to use!
Recipe: http://soupbelly.com/2010/05/26/devils-cake-balls/
And here are some pictures of my devils cake balls!

Cake crumbled

Oooo Icing!

Icing and Cake together

Some balls before and after dipped

After being dipped in chocolate

After making these balls, I've decided that these would be great at a wedding!  Instead of paying for a huge expensive cake where you only get a tiny slice, I want to make these for my guests!  I could do different combinations of cake, and then do different kinds of chocolate (bitter, white, milk) and even flavor the chocolate (raspberry, orange, etc)!  And they are so delicious and easy to make!  And since one recipe makes a ton, I can do them myself (with the help of some good friends and good drinks of course).  So save some money! Exciting!!!  The only piece missing is the groom! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment