Thursday, September 2, 2010

Seeking Style

So one of my many goals (this one I didn't actualy write out in my "outline") is to become more stylish -- to take more pride in my appearance: what I wear.  I've made some purchases recently in my very limited budget to get closer to this.  A lace tee.  A brown bomber jacket.  Brown dress pants.  Burgandy "office shirt."  I'm balancing trends with classics.  Or at least attempting to. 

And there are some trends coming in that I'm loving -- kitten heels, animal prints, sweaters (oh how I love a chunky sweater!), and the motorcycle riding boot (a cross between a horse riding boot and a bike boot).

In my pursuit for fashion, I decided to purchase September's Bazar.  An in it is an article titled "Secrets of Effortless Style."  And I'm loving this article.  I'd like to share with you the subtitles within this article:
1.  Chic women never shop to fill a void; they buy only pieces they love.
2.  There is no such thing as "out with the old, in with the new" ("when you buy something, you want to be able to wear it for years")
3.  But why this and not that? -- Stick to your style, what you like, what makes you happy and makes you feel good.

Great points and great advice...

No comments:

Post a Comment