Monday, February 28, 2011

6 days

It's been six days since Chris last texted me.  Six days of not hearing from him.  Six days of him traveling overseas.  And then I wake up this morning to the most welcome sight: a short message on my facebook from him.  It wasn't more than maybe 7 sentences, but they were the best seven sentences I may have ever read.  Letting me know they got there, that it's not so bad (perhaps a white lie for my consideration), and that he can access his gmail better than facebook.

Just last night when I was crawling in bed, I thought to myself it could be a month before I hear from him if internet connection isn't good.  2 weeks for my letter to get to him.  2 weeks for his response letter to get to me.  And what happens the next morning?? I hear from him.  Some of the best news ever.  I was giggling and smiling and jumping around when I got the message.

And I get my first eye-opener to Military Significant Other life -- the highest highs (talking to them, getting a letter, getting an email) to the lowest lows (missing them, loneliness, empty bed, wondering how much longer until you hear from them again, worrying about them) I can tell it's a roller coaster.

But right now, I'm on a high.  I'm going to have an excellent day -- and NOTHING is going to get in the way of this excellent day that I know I will have.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment