Friday, March 4, 2011

Full Circle: School

It has been one hell of a week...

A week wrought with drama.  A week wrought with emotion.  A week wrought with thought, consideration, and decision.  There were many ups and downs this week. 

Some of the ups included recieving some communication from Chris -- he is safely at Camp Leatherneck and is settling in.  His morale seems to be high so far, so we're both off to a good start for this deployment!  His two communications have been excellent surprises and both made my days.  :)

Another up was doing some PT shadowing and some volunteer work with the Special Olympics.

An up and down was the whole school/future thing.  I think I've made a decision, and unsurprisingly I've included my original plan--getting my PTA, working for a year or so, then going for my DPT!  This decision came from finances, and from the fact that I'm already accepted into the PTA Program.

I'm very scared that this may be a wrong decision.  That I will fall flat on my face.  But I'm also excited.  The PTA program has begun sending out book lists and course listings, and all the classes are interesting to me -- I'm going to learn so much!!  I hope I succeed in PTA as well as I succeeded in college, and I hope that this leads me to a profitable career.

Then, when I'm financally secure and mentally ready, I can pursue my DPT if I still want to!  I know this was my original plan, but I was thrown for so many loops the past couple of weeks that I was so lost and confused.  I didn't know if that was God telling me this wasn't going to be right for me, or if it was God testing me and putting me through as much as I could handle to make me stronger.  I know that everything happens for a reason, so I just need to trust in the decisions that I've made and move forward, knowing that obstacles are going to come, but that I can overcome every single one of them with the love of my friends/family and with God by my side.  Reminds me of the worship song:::: "And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?" (Our God, versions sung by Chris Tomlin among others) 

Through this crazy emotional turmoil I've been through, I finally feel at peace.  I'm no longer worried.  I'm going to trust, I'm going to stick my neck out, and I'm going to be patient.  The Lord works in mysterioius ways, and I trust in Him.

But I really wasted a lot of energy and anxiety over this decision, since I'm right back where I started!!  Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment