Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Fat Loss Lifestyle???

As I'm lounging on my couch and procrastinating my Insanity workout, I'm contemplating this idea of a "Fat Loss Lifestyle."  This is a lifestyle that I've always wanted to live, but have never committed enough to my own health to actually make it happen.  But I'm finally at a point where something has to give.  I eat like I have eaten in my past (say I'm pressed for time and stop by the Bojangles to pick up a quick meal) and my body gets very very mad at me for it!  Then I treat my body like a temple and fuel it properly and it says thank youuuu.  So I'm at the cross roads.  I'm very much aware that it's time to stop treating my body like a trash can, but old habits can die hard.

So now I'm moving towards this concept of the "Fat Loss Lifestyle."  This is the new wave of nutrition and exercise, people.  And I'm a fan!  It's not about starving yourself.  It's about fueling your body!  This has totally changed my approach to eating.  Instead of saying "What would taste great right now?"  I say "What can I eat that will give my body what it needs?"  Sounds like common sense, but I have never approached eating like this!!

So the need for change, and the desire to change has been established.  Now I need to educate myself on how to change properly.  So I thought I'd share with you some excellent sources of information.

The most prestigious source I can share with you is Metabolic Effect.  They have books, training, certification, everything.  They are the scholarly muscle behind this movement.  And they're great.  You can fan them on their facebook page here and learn all SORTS of stuff!  They sometimes even post free webinars!  Seriously awesome!

But I am coming across some articles that contain some great tips and information:
3 Simple Rules
7 Tips We Can Learn from Bodybuilders
What Kind of Exercise You Should Be Doing to Lose Fat (as a side note; workouts by BeachBody Fitness such as the Insanity workouts are built on these foundations!  That's why they are all so successful and really work!)
Information Isn't Transformation
Bodybuilding (the lessons shared here apply to a fat loss lifestyle as well!)


So here I go -- Here I begin trying to live a better, healthier life with better choices.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment