Thursday, February 3, 2011

Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginning's End

Do I have some updating to do or what...


Well; as you all know, I joined an online dating website for shits and giggles -- for the simple reason that I have been having an awful time meeting people here, and I wanted some facilitation there.  So I joined.  Went on a horrible date with Matt, an ok double blind date with Stacey and two guys she met online, and an ok coffee date with a divorced 31 year old Marine officer.  Then on Tuesday I went on a fantastic date with a guy named Chris. 

He's tall, blonde-ish hair, brown eyes, thin, kind of nerdy but in a cute way.  He's 21 (I know... He's younger than me...), and a Marine (one of his negatives).  He's very mature, easy going, and very polite.  And the crazy part -- he goes to my church!  When he told me this, my mind was like "Whaaaaa???"  I just couldn't believe that we go to the same church.  What are the odds??  A part of me was comforted (he's a church going Christian which indicates morals), A part of me was embarrassed (great -- now people at my church will find out that I was doing online dating.  How embarrassing.).

But the first date was excellent!!  He paid for everything, conversation was comfortable and easy, there were laughs, and it was just a good time.  We had dinner at Waffle House, coffee at Dunkin Donuts, and then went and saw The Green Hornet.  It was just so nice to be taken out on a nice date by a respectful guy who wasn't self absorbed.  He didnt try and hug me or kiss me!  Which was nice...  No pressure.

After we parted ways, we were texting and he asked me out for a second date -- lunch the next day.  I accepted.  So Yesterday we had lunch at Texas Steakhouse (again he paid for everything), then went to downtown and got coffee and sat in the park and just talked for like two hours.  Again, so nice and comfortable and easy!  The date ended because I had to go to work, but I just felt so calm and happy all day.

Then when I got home from work, he texted me, asking if it was outlandish that he wanted to drive and see me.  I told him that it wasn't outlandish and that he could come over and watch "Play the Game" (a most excellent movie with Andy Griffith in it), but that I had to work early in the morning so he couldn't stay too late.

So he drove over and I popped some popcorn and pulled out the grapes (gosh I love grapes!) and watched the movie.  We were interrupted twice by my sister and Mom -- Meghan was trying to teach Mom how to use Skype -- and so I surprised both them and Chris by moving my computer and introducing them.  Meghan and Mom squealed and tried to hide and Chris and I were laughing.  But the movie continued and Chris liked it (seriously; this movie is awesome! I highly recommend it to all people in their 20s).  Of course, we ended up cuddling on the couch.  :)  Man, it was so nice to be cuddled up with someone!!!  To be held.  To feel comfortable.  To feel pretty.  To feel wanted. 

Annnnnnnnnnnd we ended up kissing.  *sigh* *happy sigh*  I didn't want to stop kissing him.  And we didn't stop kissing for a long time.  The movie ended at like 1245am and we started kissing afterwards.  We ended up kissing for like two hours!!  I meant it when I said I didn't want to stop kissing him.  He was such a tender, soft, enjoyable kisser.  Nothing too forceful.  Just....nice.  *happy sigh*

I, of course, maintained my dignity and told him that there was no way I was going to invite him to bed on date two and a half.  But that we could sleep on the couch.  And we did.  Pure, innocent, sweet sleep.  Curled up next to someone.  Oh man it was so nice.

Is it wrong of me to say I can't wait to have sex with this man?  Like obviously I will wait a while.  But legit -- I am so excited to have sex with him! haha. If it leads to that, obviously.  But I think it will.  And I can just tell by the way that he kisses that he would be an excellent lover.

I asked him what he was looking for (activity partner, friends with benefits, relationship), and he's looking for a relationship, and I'm 100% sure he's looking for one with me. 

But there is one more detail that goes against Chris.  He is deploying.  In like a month.  That's a short amount of time to establish a solid relationship before he leaves for 7 months.  Do I want to get involved with someone who will leave soon and will be gone for 7 months?  Am I really willing to put myself through a deployment for a guy I just met?  There is so much patience and stress that results from being in a relationship with a man who is deployed.  Seven months.  Of waiting.

I like this guy.  A lot.  He's calm.  He's mature.  He's got good morals, respect.  He's cute.  But again; that's a big commitment...  One that if I made I would honor with my loyalty and fidelity, but one that I'm nervous about making in such a short amount of time.  If we had been dating a few months and then got this news, it would be different.  But three weeks??  It makes me nervous.  Because I don't want to be put in a position where I write a "Dear John" letter and break up with him while he's overseas.  Not saying that would happen... But again, only knowing him three weeks and then a seven month separation?
*apprehensive sigh*

So that's the big update folks!  I found a guy, only to learn that I will soon lose him.

No comments:

Post a Comment