Sunday, February 27, 2011

Worry Myself to Death

I've pretty much decided "To hell with PTA.  Let's just go for the DPT."

Which means I have a year and a half between now and when I theoretically begin PT school. A year and a half to figure out what to do and where to go to hold me over til the next step.  I'm here in New Bern until August.  But then what?

I'd like to get a place with my sister, but I don't really want to move back to Greensboro.  There's nothing there for me.  None of my friends are there.  School isn't there.  Only Meghan.  And Meghan wants to move there because of the boy and the fact that the local community college has the program.  I'm trying to get her to consider other schools, like the ones down here.  She needs to be away from her boy and surrounded by some positivity.

I'm not exactly tied to New Bern.  I don't have any friends here really.  But I like the area.  I like being this close to the beach.  I like the small town feel and the friendly atmosphere.  I don't have to stay in New Bern.  But I'd like to stay in Eastern NC.  I'd like Meghan to move down here with me; but she's been pretty clear about the fact that she's not interested in that.  So now what?  I can't afford to continue what I'm doing.  But I don't want to get tied into Greensboro on a year long lease.  I really want to stay here.  But I need to find roommates or move to Wilmington or something.

I have decided on one thing: DPT.  Now I have to decide on the rest.  Now I have to start getting involved and active so that I will get into DPT school.  I suppose I don't have to figure out where I'm going to live in six months this weekend.  But a part of me wants to.  A large part of me likes having the sureity of a plan.  But as my friend Kelley just reminded me: nothing in life is for sure (nothing except death that is lol).  And I need to just be happy that I've made this one huge decision.  That I have a small direction.  Because that's a huge step.

No comments:

Post a Comment