Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Most Successful Marriage Age is...." (drum-roll please)

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/love-bytes/201004/why-wait

Really??  The highest quality marraiges are between people who married between the ages of 22-25.  I'm 22 now.  With no boyfriend.  No hope of a boyfriend.  And a self-imposed relationship embargo for the next four months -- which will end with my 23rd birthday.  As if I didn't feel scared enough, now this??  Way to put pressure on me society.  Way to go.  I feel like I am forever running out of time.  Running out of time to see everything in the OBX before I move, running out of time to apply to educational programs I'm interested (I almost missed PTA admissions!), running out of time to find a job, running out of time to pay my bills, running out of time to find a mate??  GEESH!!!  How is a girl suppossed to get everything out of life when there are all these "studies" about how to live your life best and get the best results????  It's timeline after timeline after timeline; tip after tip on how to live life.  Just when I want to be single and find myself, I read an article like this that sends me into mild panic mode -- and in my mild panic thoughts such as "you'll never find anyone" and "you're doomed for divorce" run rampant.  Really Blair??  You don't even have a boyfriend and you're thinking these things?? Get a grip girl!!  ...Easier said than done sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment