Thursday, August 19, 2010

An Idle Mind Wanders

Well I've moved.  And I'm pretty much settled.  So now I have less to occupy my mind.  I have more time on my hands.  Before, I had plenty to focus on, to keep myself busy.  I was working 40-50 hours a week, and I had an upcoming move to prepare for.  Now?  I don't have those things.  My mind has time to wander.

I'm tired.  I'm alone.  Literally.  My family's gone home (they had to at some point, right?).  And I have no boyfriend.  This isn't by any means a death sentence to me.  No biggie, really.  But a part of me does wish I had someone here right now.  To curl up on the couch with.  To cook for.  To talk to.  Being single isn't horrible, but it is pretty lonely.  And yes, I do miss having that other person there.

I have no interest in breaking my embargo.  I do need this time.  But I think it's a good sign that I want that relationship.  A few weeks ago, I was too bitter and mad to even consider it.  So perhaps I'm making progress.



Last night, I made chocolate fondant cakes.  They turned out so good and so yummy!!!  Definitely something I'll keep in the recipe box for future reference. :) :)
before cooked

just out of the oven!

GOOOOEY

No comments:

Post a Comment