Monday, August 9, 2010

Introduction and Explanation

Well, I kind of touched on this subject in my other blog -- Footsteps in the Sand.  About how Kelley and I had this long discussion and it just cemented in my mind the concept that I just can't date anyone right now.  That there are entirely too many things about myself that I need to focus on before I could even consider focusing my energies on someone else.

We came up with goals and objectives to meet the goals, and talked about how we needed to take this personal journey.  A perhaps somewhat cliche journey of self-actualization, discovery, and healing (obviously not in that order).  But I do.  I need to figure this stuff out about myself.  I have always said and still maintain that you cannot have a successful relationship with someone else until you are successful with yourself.  I used to be successful with myself, but through the happenings of Lord knows how long, I've lost touch with that person.  So that's what all this is about.

There is no tie to the "Eat, Pray, Love" movie that comes out this week as inspiration for all this.  In fact, all this started before I even realized that movie was coming out.  All this started from a break-up (big surprise), not a book or a movie (although I will say that the book was fantastic and I highly recommend it to all women).  But perhaps it's the Big Man Upstairs working his magic that my need for self discovery comes when this movie comes out.  A sign?  That this path I'm about to head down is right?  That's how I'm going to take it anyway...

So here are the goals and the objectives of this journey:
  1. Settle the issues
    1. Figure out what the issues are
    2. Settle them
  2. Start going to church again
    1. Seems pretty self explanitory...
  3. Work on self
    1. Figure out what I want in life and from a man
    2. Refine my vocabulary (less cussing)
    3. Be more informed -- news, education, etc
    4. Be more content and less chaotic
    5. Do things for me and not for someone else
    6. Continue to be driven in my career goals and life goals
    7. Maintain/Better Define my moral character
    8. Positivity
    9. Confidence
    10. Learn to cook -- not because a woman belongs in the kitchen but because cooking is a dying art form.
    11. Bring more diversity into my life -- food, music, language, books, friends
  4. Back to old clothes sizes
    1. Pretty self explanitory.  I'm a girl.  I'll always want to lose weight.
  5. Find happiness (beginning by doing little things that make me happy.  Such as:)
    1. Make and drink more fresh mint tea
    2. Enjoy a glass of wine
    3. Read more -- and read respectable books. Not just chick lit.
    4. Make gifts for people -- for occasions and for random acts of kindness
    5. Be outdoors -- find a park, go hiking, go running, whatever.
  6. Find the Island (Kelley and I have decided that all the gays have corralled the right guys on an island)
    1. I realize I won't really Find the Island.  This is more of a fun joke between Kelley and I.  And I guess "the Island" could also mean "the One"
So there you have it folks.  The goals.  The objectives.  The directions for my journey.  And that's what this blog is about.  So read if you want.  Don't read if you want.  I really don't care.  Because for once, this is about me and solely me.  This is a recording for me.  I'm opening myself for you to read about.  Who knows, maybe you'll learn something about yourself in the process...

No comments:

Post a Comment