Thursday, January 20, 2011



That playlist pretty much sums up how I feel right now:  I'm tired of love hurting me, I've (sorta) given up on it.  I'm a bitch, but I'm also so many other things and you wouldn't have it any other way.  Do me wrong, and I'll be hell on your heart.  With all this anger out, it must be said that My Best Days are Ahead of me -- I have to think positively on this note.  There is also so much sadness and wistfulness that I'm feeling, expressed through Billie Holliday's "My Man" (I am really beginning to love her music!).  Then Billy warns any future love interests to please let me down easy when I fall for them, in the hopes that I won't get hurt or disappointed again.  Something is definitely missing in my life -- and that's a man.  So I'm Sitting, Waiting, Wishing that he comes along and changes my life.



Many times I wonder why I am so focused on the issue of my single status.  But think about it...  Humans were created with the intention of pairing up as mates -- whether you look at evolution (monkeys all have mates) or the Biblical story (Eve was created as a mate and companion for Adam), we exist to be paired up.  And when so many of your acquaintances are getting engaged (paired up), and you don't even have a hope on the horizon for getting that... It makes logical sense why I am so despondent about it.

But like KLOV said this morning, I need to turn to God for my daily portion.  Of food, companionship, patience, everything...  I need to turn to God.  Because God will deliver when I am ready for something so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment