Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Story of Job

I am always trying to better myself.  To make myself more well read, more educated. And one way I'm doing this is to do Bible Studies with more frequency.  I'm aiming for every day, but am content with 3 times a week. 

If you haven't heard of YouVersion, you need to check it out.  It's an online Bible community that is amazing.  There are reading plans that you can choose from to help guide you through the Bible.  You can choose your preferred translation.  You can mark verses and journal about what you read.  You can read other's journals about the same scripture or about different scripture.  Churches have plugged in to upload their messages that have been recorded each week, so if you need to hear God's word, you can.  It is an amazing source.  They even have an application for your phone!!  I have it on my BlackBerry.

But today's reading in my reading plan (I'm doing Chronological) was about the story of Job.  About how God was put to bet by Satan about the loyalty of Job.  First Satan took his wealth, then his family, then his health.  All in a test to see if Satan could take Job from God.

And the story is truly inspiring.  There are some verses I'd like to share with you:

We bring nothing at birth; we take nothing with us at death. The Lord alone gives and takes
Job 1:21

 If we accept blessings from God, we must accept trouble as well
Job 2:10

Our suffering isn’t caused by the failure of crops;  it’s all part of life, like sparks shooting skyward.
Job 5: 6-7
 
He may cause injury and pain, but he will bandage and heal your cuts and bruises.
Job 5: 18
 

No comments:

Post a Comment