Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekend :D & :-/ & :-z

It's nearly 10pm on a Sunday night, and I look back on my weekend to reflect, and the only way to describe it was that it was such a cacophony of experiences and emotions that ran the gamut.  As weekends normally go, it went by too quickly, but I did so much this weekend that it also felt much longer than it was.

Friday was the last day of our "Spring Semester" which had been condensed into one intense month (see posts over the past month for more info here).  It was a relief to have one semester done, and only three more to go!  The last week was ridiculous (see video post), but I and my classmates survived -- so all is well that ends well.  Another development (did I cover this in the video?  Sorry if I did) was that the class elected me President.  Not sure how I feel about it.  There's a lot of developing to do, and managing so many personalities could be a struggle.  But I'm looking forward to the challenge.  :)  I think we could accomplish some really great things as a class!!

Saturday was a very interesting day.  I worked a few hours at Cato, then went to the Y to lay out by the pool, was invited to dinner at Emily's (I'm so happy for her -- her husband came back from a 9 month deployment about a week and a half ago, and she is so incredibly happy!!) new house (BEAUTIFUL.  Wish I lived there!), then met up with Kat to go "out" in New Bern.  Now... I have not ever been out in New Bern.  We always go to Jacksonville.  But some customers at Cato kept telling me about the night life here!  So I wanted to explore.  We drove downtown and heard some music and got excited -- an outdoor concert!  So we paid to get in and lo and behold -- we had stumbled upon a Harley Davidson Bike Rally Concert!!!!! hahahaha.  I was literally drinking, dancing, and enjoying the same music as adults that are my parents age.  I'm not going to lie -- it was awesome.  These people were so... Authentic.  They were who they were and they made no excuses for it.  I've never had an experience like that -- where you don't have to have the perfect body or straightened hair or makeup to be desired by a man.  These women -- they were powerful.  Their men worshiped them.  And they were nothing special to look at.  I'm tellin you...  If that's how bikers treat their women, I need to find a biker man.  It was great though.  Excellent people watching!  And excellent music!  The band was incredible.



After the concert ended (11pm for the old farts :-p), Kat and I walked a couple blocks down the street to a basement bar I'd heard rumors of.  Ran into some of my Group Fitness participants from the Y!  Then made friends with a random girl, Laney, who was celebrating her 27th birthday (and yes, I'll admit, she had a very attractive friend there -- who knew I was into bald guys? hahaa).  And in the midst of all this, Kat and I got to catch up.  It was a crazy, epic, random, fun night.  :)  I can now say I've been to a bike rally and partied with bikers.  (Who, by the way, were so tame! No fights! lol)

Then today, I began the day with church.  I woke up feeling disconnected and discontented with the day and with life.  Ever get in those moods?  It was awful.  It persisted all day.  Where I just felt unhappy, stuck, lonely, and without friends.  Is it normal to switch moods so drastically like that?  Just last night I was living it up being social. 

So I don't know if it was my mood or if it was reality, but church just didn't connect to my soul.  It didn't pull me in like it normally does.  I left feeling like I hadn't even gone.  I went to the pool again for a few hours and got fried (I spent the same amount of time as yesterday but got 10x the sun!), then made a homemade lasagna for dinner!  It literally took 3 hours to make.


And while the lasagna cooked at the different stages, I cleaned this apartment.  And oh buddy did it need it!!!  I didn't get to everything, but it feels so much better.  AND I bought the movie Tangled!!!  Ohmygosh.  SUCH a good movie!!  Definitely one of the best ones Disney has come out with in a while.  Althoughhhhhh (prepare yourself for an ounce of whining) it made me really wish I had a significant other.  I know, I know.  As soon as I stop wanting and looking, he'll come along.  But folks, I can't just magically stop wanting and looking.  It takes me forever to just accept singledom.  I know because I've been through the process several times.  And yes, when I do accept it, someone does come along.  So I know it's the truth.  But this movie sure did make me feel lonely.  :(  Love stories -- double edge swords.

So like I said.  This weekend was such a cacophony.  I don't know how I feel about it.  And my mood is slightly disturbing me -- that they are swinging so.  I just want to be happy.  And I had some happy times, which have been overlooked by this weird mood I'm in now.

Ugh.

Well, it's off to bed!  A new week, and a new semester, begins tomorrow!  Yikes!!!

Sidenote::::: Please keep your fingers crossed and prayers goin for me.  I've got a couple pots on the metaphorical stove that I'm hoping turn into lifesavers, and this could be the week that happens!  I hope so anyway!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment