Saturday, May 28, 2011

One Song to Share With Ya Tonight



Okay.  I know this song is about how Corey Smith's life was changed by becoming a father.  And I know that has nothing to do with me (read: I AM NOT PREGNANT).  But there are some lyrics in this song I love, that speak to me and to where I am in life:

The Lord works in a strange way,
There ain't no doubt,
Man he's gonna make a [woman] of me,
He's gonna straighten me out somehow
 
The lord works in a strange way,
And Heaven knows,
He's planning on a miracle,
man I wonder how it's gonna go,
The lord works in a strange way
 
Man I never saw the changes comin' they caught me unaware
 
Yeah.  Love this song.  Granted I relate it to my life in ways different than becoming a parent, but this song is so true.  He works in a strange way and He's gonna make a woman of me and straighten me out.  He's planning on a miracle for me -- and will work my life out so that I will be where I need to be.  I never expected to be where I am today, to feel how I feel or to think what I think (or to have a tattoo! haha).  But the fact is, it all culminates into who I am -- and He has worked in me, and I hope He has worked through me (or will someday).  I love my life.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Yes, it's rough and tough, but through it there is grace and beauty and strength that can be drawn from it (the story behind the tattoo).

No comments:

Post a Comment