Thursday, April 14, 2011

Some people live in the past.  And those same people love to gossip.  It's annoying when these people seem to always bring up the least bright points of my most recent past.  Perhaps it's done innocently, but even so, the fact is that they shouldn't be so concerned with the things that I have done, but instead on the things that they have done.

I don't like negative gossip.  I don't participate in it.  I don't spread it. And I certainly don't like being the subject of it when I've done nothing wrong, yet someone is using me as a pawn to make them look bigger and badder than they are.  It's just so pathetic! It is a waste of human energy that could be put to much better use. 

I will be the first person to admit that I am not proud of things that I have done in the past.   But the fact is, regardless of how immature some of the things I've done are, I have had a blast growing up the past couple of years.  I've gone out, had a ton of fun, cried a little, spoke my mind (some times too quickly), and moved on from one thing to the next (boys, hobbies, living spaces, friends, etc).  And yes, I've been with some people who weren't exactly cream of the crop, and who I look back on with embarrassment.  But that's my embarrassment, my past, my experiences to deal with.  Not someone else's who wasn't in the relationship to dredge up and sprinkle around and inspect.

UGH!

I'm a little worked up.
But even so, I love these someones because they are amazing, loyal people who have my back and my best interests at heart.  Even if they do sometimes unintentionally burn me a little.  Although the one who is using me as a pawn, I think he can go to hell (not a Christian thing to say, but then again, neither are his actions).  And other than that, he isn't worth my energy.  He's wasting his life and going no where.  Thank GOD I dodged THAT bullet!

No comments:

Post a Comment