Tuesday, May 29, 2012

No Matter What May Come


On my way home from work on Sunday, this song came on the radio:

"I'm not about to give up
Because I heard you say 
There's gonna be brighter days... 
I won't stop, I'll keep my head up 
There's gonna be brighter days...

When life won't play along
And right keeps going wrong
And I can't seem to find my way
I know where I am found
So I won't let it drag me down
Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway...

I've got to hold it steady
Keep my head in the game
Everything is about to change
(everything is about to change)

This hurt is getting heavy
But I'm not about to cave
Everything's about to change
There's gonna be brighter days...

No matter what may come
Gotta move to a different drum
No matter what life brings
Gotta move gotta move to a different beat...."

After the past few days of worry, stress, and frustration, these words felt so heaven sent -- words of encouragement, strength, perseverance, determination, and faith.  I needed to hear these exact words.  Because they are true.  Life isn't playing along, and right keeps going wrong -- it's as if I can't find my may.  But I can't let it drag me down, I've got to hold it steady, and keep my head in the game, because everything truly is about to change.  These next two months will be a struggle.  They will suck.  They will be hard.  They will be tight.  

But last night?  I thanked God for the struggle.  For the lessons.  For learning how tough and durable and determined I really am.  For learning more about myself.  For learning about what is important in life.  How to prioritize.  Lessons I couldn't possibly have learned otherwise.

I said thank you for all of this.  And the weight was lifted off my chest.

How many times have you thanked God for the struggles, the hurdles, He's placed in front of you?  You should try it... It will be more liberating than you could possibly imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment