Monday, May 7, 2012

Well I am done with clinicals!  I am finally back home.  And graduation is just days away.  And in the midst of all this excitement, I've got the boards lurking behind every corner.

Oh those boards... Let me tell you about this process.

First, you have to complete an accredited program.
Then you have to fill out and mail in an application (with a passport photo and notarized section) with a certified check for $150.
Then you have to get two character references to fill out a form and mail in on their own.
Then you have to get the school to send in verification that you did indeed complete the program.
THEN you have to wait for the board to send you a registration number.
Only then can you go online and register to actually take the test at a specific site, with a small $370 fee.
Then when you show up to take the boards, you have to bring $55.60 to pay the site to take the test.
Then you have to wait a couple of weeks for the results to be published -- and you better pray you passed, cause otherwise you'll have to wait another 4 months to go through all this again.
And if you passed, you then have to pay for your employer to look up and verify that you got licensed.
Then you have to pay to get a copy of your license.

This is what I'm looking at :)  Happy Studying! Hahahaha.

The process is ridiculous.  But I suppose it's good -- it helps keep out those who aren't worthy of the position.  And I'm very blessed, my family is providing a great amount of financial help for all of this as my graduation gift, and for that I am so grateful!!

But holy moly do I have some studying to do... I did a practice test and I have a serious amount of review I need to do... Bring on the study strategies!

No comments:

Post a Comment