Sunday, February 26, 2012

Piles.

The week of moving.  Its a time that any person dreads -- the packing, the sorting, the finding of stuff.  They are sorted into piles -- keep, give, trash.  Then those piles are sorted into piles -- storage vs active use.  Then those piles are sorted into more piles -- kitchen, bathroom, closet, bedroom, living room, outdoor, laundry room, craft room.  Endless piles.

Then you are surrounded by so many piles of your stuff that you get frustrated.  You get disgusted with the amount of stuff that you have.  And you begin purging.

"I haven't used that in years."
"I've had this for five years.  It's time for it to go."
"I can't stand that lamp."
"I just simply have too many pants" (and then proceed to purge 7 pairs just to be able to lighten my closet)
"I don't feel like dealing with this"

And even then, you still feel like you have too much stuff.  And all you want to do is throw it all away and start over.  And then you wonder if you're an undiagnosed hoarder.

And then... "How in the world am I going to move all this crap?!"

Piles. I hate piles. I hate mess.
This too shall pass...

No comments:

Post a Comment