Sunday, February 19, 2012

I don't know what it is about cold rainy days, but I love them.  I love curling up on the couch under a light blanket -- especially if I've got the Mister to cuddle up to.  I love the heaviness of my eyelids, the slowed heart rate, the trance-like sound of the rain drops falling on the roof, the porch, the windows... It makes me want to get lost in a Jane Austen book or movie, quilt or crochet, cook, or drink a cup of hot apple cider.

Rainy days get me into an introspective and reflective mood.  Considering where I am in my life, where I'm going, what I want to do, things I want to accomplish.  I am not a person content to be stagnant with life -- there is always something more to seek, find, experience, and learn.  A lifetime of learning.  A forever student (although I am quite ready for this stint of formal education to be over, to make way for normalcy, and to allow for the extra-curricular learning such as quilting groups, exercise classes, etc to commence).  Life is too short to settle for less than what you want or what you work for.


Soon I will be transitioning from one abode to another.  A change I am excited about and ready for.  Just another reminder that life is always changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment