Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Worth Crisis

I have spent 6.5 years in higher education. I have obtained a Bachelors Degree with honors, and a professional degree with honors. I have been specially trained to work in a professional field that is respected by the world for the work it does for its patients (Physical Therapy). I am driven. I am organized. I am a natural level headed/kind/hardworking leader. I have a need to work. I am well spoken. Well read. I spell words correctly. I have been built up by family and friends and professors alike for greatness.

And yet I am not working in my field. I am not a professional. I am not a leader in my workplace. I am not respected or loved in my workplace (understand that I am too new for that). I am not using my education or my potential in this job. I am not great - I am mediocre.  I was trained for a professional occupation and yet I am a glorified secretary. I feel like a disappointment.

And yet I love the job. I love the work. I love the hours. I love the schedule.

I struggle with my identity due to these conflicting emotions.
I struggle with wondering if I am enough. I struggle to remember that my identity is not in what I do but in whose I am (Gods).

No comments:

Post a Comment