Sunday, July 12, 2015

What a whirlwind these last few weeks have been... It's been a race to find a house and buy a house before our loan rates expired.  And I'm pleased to report that we made the deadline :)  As I write this post, I am sitting in my bed in my new house, marveling in what we have done and what God has done for us.  I'm so exhausted that I can't sleep, so I blog...

I have roots, for the first time in 10 years. Literally.  12 moves in 10 years.  And for the first time since I graduated high school, I have roots.  That's so huge.

For the first time in 10 years I am not a migrant, going where the work/school is.  I'm not a wanderer.  I'm not a gypsy.  I'm not living in question as to how much longer it will be before I have to move again.  My life suddenly became more concrete.  More permanent.  Less temporary.  Less "keep my finger in the hole of the damn."

And suddenly, I'm dying to have local employment.  Suddenly, the 50 minute commute is bothersome.  Suddenly, I'm noticing what my work environment is really like.  Suddenly, I'm questioning why I stayed so long.  The blinders have come off.

So now the job hunt begins... For something more local, more convenient, to create roots to match the roots of my home.


No comments:

Post a Comment