Sunday, July 12, 2015

Stream of Consciousness

The quiet hum of the AC unit outside the window is comforting -- a little white noise to go behind the lilting melodies of the Pandora Nature station that's playing softly from my night stand.  The soft glow of my lamp casts a comfortable atmosphere on the room, a room that when fully lit is actually more like chaos, as you can truly see all the boxes and piles of clothes and toiletries and socks and things that still have yet to find a home.  But in the soft glow of my quiet lamp, those things somehow seem smaller, practically non-existant.  I'm not complaining about the change in attitude.  From demanding my attention to patiently waiting for their turn.

My To Do list grows as I lay in bed.  My brain refusing to enter power save mode to make way for sleep.  Too much to do, it has decided.  Don't forget this... Don't forget that... I jot them down on my reminders just to appease my OCD brain, praying that it will quiet it's noise.  Because the white noise of the AC unit and the Pandora Nature station is only just now starting to make any impact.

Every now and then, blips of TV noise make its way down the hallway and under the door to my ears.  The husband is enjoying his newly delivered man chair and TV and a cold beer before bed. Nothing like a night cap and a motorcycle TV show to unwind.

I lie here in bed, my heart singing with gratitude and praise to God.  For this day.  For his work in my life.  For his provision.  For his blessings. How great is our God?!

Finally... The eyes are getting heavy.  The AC shuts off.  The lilting piano melody continues to hypnotize me away from the world and my own brain and into dream land...

No comments:

Post a Comment