Saturday, November 15, 2014

The stir of the spirit -- like a breeze in the willow tree

Have you ever had one of those days where you just feel like your heart is aflutter all the time, without reason? It makes you giddy happy, tearful happy, thankful happy.  It makes you believe that change is in the air and that the possibilities of the world are endless and that you can conquer ANYTHING.

The Lord has been invading my heart all day today.  And I love it!!!

He is doing a work in me. He is changing me. He is preparing me for something.  I don't know what his will is with all of this, where it will lead, what it is preparing me for, and who I am becoming as a result... But my faith and love is in Him. And I have nothing to fear with Him.  He may not move the mountains that might be coming, but He will make sure that I am capable of climbing those mountains and He will lead me over them and past them.

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him. ~Philippians 2:13

I am so excited to see what God is preparing me for... And I am so full of joy to feel the Spirit so intimately close to me... I know that He is always there, but to FEEL him all day... My heart!!!

His presence has washed over me gently all day -- like a gentle spring breeze that flutters through the low hanging limbs of the willow tree, just enough to move the limbs and rustle the leaves to make its presence known. But behind that breeze may come anything -- crisp air, hot air, a storm, a passing cloud -- we cannot know. All we can do is to lay on the grass and enjoy the breeze as it tickles our skin as we wait to see what comes next...

No comments:

Post a Comment