Friday, April 19, 2013

There is a Time For Everything... Including Rest.

Just like you need to dedicate yourself to your workouts to meet your goals, you also need to rest to allow your body to recover from your workouts to meet you goals.

And last night/this morning was my rest period.

This week's routine of staying up too late (past 10pm), waking up way before dawn (430am), and hitting the gym for weight lifting and sprint training (5-530am and/or 530-6am), coupled with some very long and draining work days (I'm talking 10 hour days here), had left me exhausted.

I knew it was time to get some serious sleep/rest.  I put myself to bed at 830pm last night and gave myself the morning off from the gym/weights... The end result? 10 glorious hours of much needed deep sleep.

Despite me taking the morning off, I won't be taking the day off. :)  Planning on heading to the gym this evening for a quick sweat sesh then later getting in some quality yoga time for some flexibility training.

I am going to do this.  I am going to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment