Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Knowledge Needs Action

Knowledge does not guarantee success.

You can know all the tips and tricks, you can know what you should and shouldn't do, you can know how your body responds to certain stimuli.  But if you don't enact this knowledge (which is inert) into action, that knowledge is basically useless.

I went to college for four years and studied exercise.
I have taught exercise classes on the side for the past three years.
I know what you have to do to change your physique.

But I have not been dedicated to putting this knowledge into practice.

I will be "on program" for 5-10 days, then a weekend will come around that is full of social events and go-go-go-go, and boom.  My knowledge bows down to cravings and desires.

Now, lifestyle is not about deprivation.
It's about making common sense choices and not having a "cheat meal" every other day.

But I am not doing so good with this...  I am living in mediocrity and accepting the fast and easy route that leads to temporary satisfaction of a mental desire but leads to long term guilt, regret, and negative impact on my body's functioning and physique.


So my action goals for the rest of the week (and that means through Sunday!) are going to be simple:
1.  Eat good to feel good
2.  Move with purpose each day
3.  Go to bed on time

Yes, I'm sure I've shared these goals before, but I have to write them down.  I have to share them.  Otherwise, they don't exist.


Lordy lordy lordy.
This is seriously a journey, this "lifestyle" thing.  It's long.  It's frustrating.  I'd like to say I'm making progress, but I am not sure that I am.


One step at a time, Blair.  One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment