Wednesday, April 4, 2012

SMART goals

There are good goals, and there are bad goals.  How you set your goals can make all the difference between acheiving those goals and never getting near said goals.  Good goals should be S.M.A.R.T.:

1.  Specific
2. Measurable
3. Action-Oriented and Attainable
4. Realistic
5. Time-Oriented

This is a lesson I learned in college.  But lately, I haven't been putting my own knowledge to use.  So I need to set some SMART goals.

- I weigh 168 pounds today, and I'd like to weigh 156 pounds by graduation (May 12).  That's a difference of 12 pounds in five weeks.

- I have registered to run a 5K May 5th. I would like to be able to continuously run at least 2 miles before needing a break in order to prepare for this 5K.  I'd like to achieve this goal in two weeks--April 18th--by completing daily workouts/training.

I think that'll be enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment