Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Making the Most of What I'm Given

I'm in my fourth week of clinicals at the hospital, and although I'm still not in love with the site, the time is passing quickly and staying with Daniel is really helping the time fly.  And although staying with Daniel has cut my commute in half, my commute still takes 45-55mins each way.

For the past week, I've tried a new morning commute routine: spending it in reflection, prayer, and worship.  And what a difference it has made! It has helped shape my attitudes more positively, keep me more focused (which helped me save at least one patient from serious harm), and enjoy my time at a site which I really don't love.  One thing I've learned from this clinical -- your attitude is everything.

I've truly come to enjoy my quiet time.  My daily devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment