Thursday, January 5, 2012

Good choice!

So I had a moment today that was huge.  I am in the midst of getting back to my old, healthy habits (and doing so by counting my calories like I used to).  Well, I'm home and I'm sick and that just leads to bad choices with my food.  And I had a box of off brand cheese-sticks in my freezer.  So in a moment of weakness, I heat them up.  I bring them to the couch to enjoy, and I take a bite....  Hmm.... Not so satisfying.  Maybe the second one will be better?  ...Nope.  Begin the third, these are not worth these calories.  So I throw them away!!!  And I pick up an apple instead.  I was so freaking proud of myself.  And although I felt bad to waste food (particularly on my very strict budget of $50 for food), it kind of felt amazing at the same time to have analyzed my choices, and weighed whether or not it was really that good.  And although I did eat three, I didn't eat the rest.  I chose my health first today :)  Because I need to have calories for dinner! Yeahhhhhh buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment