Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Goals Can be Made Any Day of the Year!

For the first time in a long time, my New Years Resolutions do NOT include lofty goals of weight loss or more exercise, mostly because I finally recognize that a goal like that can't be made on a whim, but rather by pure determination.  Every day is a new day and a new start!  Jan 1st is no more special than Jan 3rd, or March 12th or July 29th.  That goal can be made any day.  Any goal can be made any day.

That's why this year, I'm only choosing one thing at a time to conquer.  I'm not creating this long, overwhelming, insurmountable list of things I want to change.  Because those kinds of lists never get accomplished.  And I want to have this idea in my mind that I and anyone can change on any day they choose.  Whether its the first of the year, the first of a month, the first of the week, or freaking Wednesday at 3:27pm.

When my first goal has become a habit (budget! hehe), then I will select another goal to master.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single, small step." (Ad libbed)

No comments:

Post a Comment