Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Family is Everything

I had the blessing of hosting my Sister and Dad this past weekend... It was a visit long overdue and it was exactly what I needed.  I love these two people so much, and we had such a good time.  We took a road trip to Beaufort for lunch one day, campfires, cookouts, and lots of really good food and really good beer. :)  Daniel came and got to meet them.  I think they responded well to him, and he to they.  I was glad that my family got to meet him, but it was also kind of startling: it kind of made me realize how serious Daniel and I are going...  Exciting in that I've been wanting/looking for this.  Scary because it could actually be happening.

And I think he's feeling the same way... I feel like we're kind of distant as a result of the nerves.  He's been burned, I've been burned.  Neither of us want to be burned again...

1 comment:

  1. Take it easy. Take it slow. Enjoy the moment. Be sure to spend time apart as well as together.

    ReplyDelete