Sunday, November 27, 2011

I Need Roots.

I want my own place.  Or maybe what I really want is to feel a sense of permanency, of roots.  I look around my "home" (rather, my place of residency as I wait for my next residency to be ready -- four months to go!)  and although it is very comfortable and roomy, it just doesn't feel like home.  Nothing is unpacked or decorated or organized like I would want it.  And I have very little motivation to change it since in the back of my mind I know I'm only here for four more months...  And yet, I know that where I'm moving to in 4 months is a bedroom in someones home.  I know she will try to make me feel as comfortable as possible and as welcomed as possible, but the fact remains: it's not my place.

I know I'm on the edge of a true adult life -- where my job pays the bills and there's even some left over.  And that until I get to that point I will not have what I crave (roots).  But oh man... I just want to feel some sense of being settled...  So ready to be and stay organized...

No comments:

Post a Comment