Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

On Thanksgiving, I have an opportunity, as do all Americans, to reflect on my life and the countless blessings that have been bestowed upon me.  And I'm going to do a little reflecting here...

First of all, I'm thankful for the faith in God that I have found and nourished this year.  I know that there is so much more that I should be doing to further this relationship, but I am happy and proud of what I have accomplished so far.  Being able to turn my stress and problems over to a higher power provides such deep calm in my life...

I am thankful for my Grandparents.  They have been such a wonderful blessing to my life.  Without them, I would be unable to be doing what I'm doing right now (and doing it without having to take a loan out).  They are so generous and kind and selfless -- I hope to one day be even 10% as wonderful as they are.

I am thankful for my Dad and my Sister.  They are two people that are always there for me, supporting me, picking me up when I fall down/apart, making me laugh, and showing an infinite interest in what's going on in my life.  Without them, I would feel incomplete.

I am thankful for the Church I have found.  I have made some nice friends, enriched my soul, and been accepted despite the fact that I'm unable to be very involved.

I am thankful for all of the physical things that make my life that much more comfortable, convenient, and easy.

I am thankful for the PTA program.  It's providing me challenges and will offer me a way to provide for myself.  I just pray that I will pass the boards and not let my teachers down...

I am thankful for Daniel.  He's been such a positive addition to my life.  He brings smiles, support, laughter, logic, understanding, and patience.

I am thankful for the job that I have.  There are so many people who don't even have the luxury of a part time minimum wage job like I do... And I'm very aware of this blessing.  I do not take it for granted.

I am thankful for Music.  It brings me through so much... The artists that I listen to (and they are so varied!) are so important to me...

I am thankful that I have all my physical abilities.  That I do not have to suffer through a disability -- both emotional and physical.

I am thankful for CarolinaEast Hospital.  For sponsoring me through school and giving me the opportunity after school of a job...  I hope I fulfill their needs and wants!

I am thankful for all the little blessings that I haven't mentioned and often forget in my day to day life that I take for granted until I consider what the kids of Africa may have to be living through.

I am thankful for my health.

I am thankful for so very much... Just thinking about it gets me all teary eyed...  So blessed.  So very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment