Sunday, July 10, 2011

I don't have time to maintain these regrets

Sometimes moving on is hard.  Sometimes it's not as hard as you make it out to be.  Sometimes all it takes is realizing -- truly realizing -- that what you're holding onto is a big old piece of shitty shit shit and that there's no reason to hold onto it.  And sometimes, all that's required to reach that realization is desperation -- desperation to move on and meet new people.

I went on a first date Thursday.  It was absolutely all I needed.

That one date (and subsequent conversations and future date planning :-D)... It opened my eyes to the reality of the type of guys I've dated in the past: assholes.  There's no other way to say it.

I have no idea if this new guy will develop into anything -- I'm just taking it one date at a time and making sure I get to know him before I make any sort of decision or commitment (including no kissing for a while).  But even if it doesn't, I have most definitely raised my standards for men!


The last remaining thing I was holding onto found its proper home after that date! :-D



I can't tell you how happy I am that I have finally been able to let go... The most freeing feeling ever.  No longer am I trapped by sadness, guilt, ugliness, or inferiority.

No comments:

Post a Comment