Sunday, July 24, 2011

So in High School, I was an avid reader and an even more active writer.  I loved to write -- poetry, stories, everything.  It was my emotional outlet.  I filled journal after journal of thoughts, images, plots...  I ate books like they were oxygen -- necessary for my very survival.

And I don't do either of those things anymore -- finding a good book to read is near impossible it seems, and attempting to write anything is like trying to strain mashed potatoes.

I miss them both.

I picked up Elizabeth Gilbert's novel "Committed" and started reading it today -- I love this author.  I read "Eat, Pray, Love" long before it was a movie or a mega-hit (only after it was a medium hit) and it was so inspiring.  I love how she writes about her life.  Draws me in like a magnet and makes me want to write again.

But it has been so long since I've done any writing that I don't even remember how to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment