Sunday, December 13, 2015

A Little Something Nice

I spend my entire week wearing scrubs and workout clothing. So on the weeks where I get to go to church, I really enjoy dressing up.  Showing up to Gods House in style. Giving him special treatment in how I present myself in his House.  I don't always dress up.  But I thoroughly enjoy it when I do!  When I dress up, I put on full make up, heels and a dress, curl my hair, spritz on perfume, and donn fancy jewelry that my family or husband have given me.  And in my fancy clothes, I almost always feel a bit out of place.  People my age don't dress up.  I'm almost always over dressed.  And I think that's a pure shame.  That my generation doesn't take advantage of special occasions or of Sunday's to pull out finer clothing.

God doesn't care what you wear. I know this. And many Sundays I'm glad for it -- when I show up in my jeans and t-shirts. But there is something about looking nice that changes how you carry yourself, how you respect yourself, and thus how you treat others.

I wish more of my generation would dress up and embrace "fancy."

No comments:

Post a Comment