Saturday, October 11, 2014

Newlywed Irritability

Today is Daniels and my 2 week anniversary of marriage. LOL.  Silly, but true.  Two weeks!

On one hand, I feel like time has flown by and we haven't gotten nearly as many things done as I thought we would (getting settled, organized) and that the time has gone by very quickly and it's all still very "unreal." But on the other hand, I feel very comfortable with living with him and setting up "our home."

So adjusting to being a married couple is at once both easy and maddening.

And the confliction of emotions is really wearing on me.  I am irritable over EVERYTHING for NO REASON.  I simultaneously am okay with him playing on his computer on the other couch (allowing me to have my own time and space) but also annoyed that he's on his computer on the other couch (not engaged with me or with our life or real life at all).  So I begin sending him the side eye, ESP messages to him, and then sighs, shakes of the head, huffing/puffing, and stomping around.

Bless his heart... He really is trying... He's done more cleaning and pitching in than he's ever done in his bachelor life.

I'm not mad that he's "not trying" or that he "isn't enough."  I'm just irritable.  Period.  For no reason. About everything.

And I really hate it.

I know that it's a personal problem that I have.  So I'm digging my heels in to try and adjust my attitude.  Starting with letting things go. Reminding myself that he isn't ignoring me, and that he is trying, and that I really do like having my own space.  Showing him gratitude/appreciation. And most importantly, bumping up our spiritual time -- increasing prayers, and initiating a couples daily devotion.

Because I want to have those healthy habits in my marriage.  And because I want my marriage to be a good one and a happy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment