Sunday, October 12, 2014

Just yesterday I blogged about how irritable and negative I have been... And after blogging about my attitude, I decided to do something about it.  What did I do for my newlywed irritability?

1. I checked my attitude.  I just told myself it had to stop.  That I was being childish, and that I was not contributing anything positive to my marriage with such an attitude.

2. I prayed about it.  I asked God for help to clean and correct my heart.

3.  I engaged with my husband. I told him about my attitude, and he was amazing and spent a little extra time cuddling, hugging, kissing, loving, and encouraging me.  Just having that physical contact with my husband was a huge help to my attitude.  And being open with him was a huge weight off my shoulders.

4.  My husband and I did our first devotional. And it was amazing.  There was a short scripture, a short lesson, then a discussion question followed by a prayer topic.  Having that conversation and interaction with my husband was so intimate.  Him revealing his weaknesses, me revealing mine, and then praying together over each other... Wow! Talk about powerful! It was the connection I had been longing for and missing and didn't even realize it...

No comments:

Post a Comment