Sunday, June 9, 2013

Weekend Recap

What a weekend!  I took a whirlwind trip to Wrightsville Beach, leaving home on Saturday morning and returning home Sunday mid afternoon, to witness and celebrate the marriage of one of my college friends.  I was really looking forward to this event for several reasons...

1.  An excuse to stay in a beach front hotel (even if only for 24 hours)
2.  An excuse to get away with the fiance on something that's actually like a vacation!
3.  Seeing many old friends from college that I haven't seen in a long time
4.  Witnessing a Jewish wedding ceremony (I'd never seen one before) of a college friend
5.  The delicious food for both hors devours as well as for dinner
6.  An open bar
7.  Being around a group of people that enjoy having fun and make everything fun wherever they go

It was a gorgeous hotel with beautiful views, the food was exquisite, the drinks were strong, and the laughs and dancing was plentiful.

Daniel had more than his fill of drinks, and paid the price today.  Unfortunately this put a damper on my hopes of spending more time on the beach and of spending some quality time exploring downtown Wilmington.  But I had such a good time seeing so many friends from college...

And my goodness... Being able to wake up and walk out onto my ocean front balcony and read with the sound of waves in the back ground??  Pure magic for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment